Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Morning

It is morning, and I am not a morning person. Something woke me at five something this morning, and here I sit at eight something, exhausted. However, as I sit here, I am given the opportunity to see the sun peaking over the trees and shining in such a glorious way that it reminds me of how incredibly awesome God is.

You know what I mean. Sometimes a scene catches your attention, and you stop to look at it and think, "Wooow." How much beauty is all around us every day that we miss? Do you ever stop to purposefully look at each petal on a flower, the shape of a tree, the intricate detail of a spider web, the algae on a forest pond, a field of wheat, a bunny rabbit hopping across the yard, a deer in the night? The Lord blesses us with so much visual joy every day.

There was something on television once where one of the characters was God in human form. Someone asked Him to prove that He was God. He pointed. In a mocking tone, the human said, "It's a tree!" God replied, "Let me see you make one."

Hehe...that gives me a chuckle.

My challenge to myself today is to try to notice as many visual gifts from the Lord that I can. Will you join me and challenge yourself to the same thing?

Just Me

2 comments:

  1. This was very pleasing to read. :)
    I will definitely join you in your challenge.

    I love God's response!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I loved this blog, we need to be reminded of those small gifts! I love looking at the world from a two year olds perspective, everything is amazing, from a tiny dew drop to the sun!!

    ReplyDelete