Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Officially Toddler Parents

Yes. The day has arrived. We are officially parents of a toddler. While he has been walking since nine or ten months, and he has been progressing and learning and playing the age appropriate activities, and we considered him a toddler, only this past weekend did he make it official for us. We are Toddler Parents. You cannot argue with us because we have proof.

We have blue marker on our tan wall.

If you have not had a toddler yet, you may be sitting there with your jaw on the floor and displaying optical poptitude. Those of you who have children, though, are probably shaking your head up and down with a knowing and understanding look on your faces.

Do not pity us, though. We have spare paint for touch ups!

Just Me

3 comments:

  1. LOL..We have definitely been there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Friend! I remember the days when Kyndall used to draw on the walls! AHHH! Did you take a picture? Once I came into the bathroom and found Kyndall into my makeup:) She had creme foundatin and Lipstick all over herself and the wall. Nice. Its hard to be mad the first time it happens! I quickly grabbed my camera and snapped a few shots.
    Funny thing about Kyndall....She's 8 now and you would think she would be past most of the siliness of getting into things....But I still find myself grabbing the camera from time to time because she is simply doing something crazy....Last year I found her in the dryer because she was cold.
    Check out my blog at
    http://renee-pouredout.blogspot.com

    Make sure you visit often and leave comments. Words of affirmation people need .....well, words of affirmation!

    I'll be watching for new posts from you often:)

    Oh, and by the way Buy a "Magic Eraser" from the grocery store. I think it has the bald "Mr. Clean" emblem on it.
    Works great on walls and will save you paint:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many more of these days to come. If there comes a time when you feel like you might want to pull your hair out - sit on your hands! Toddlers are tons of fun:)

    ReplyDelete